Before you can trust in the ways that I can help you, you probably what to know who I am.
How do you do? My name is Miranda Walichowski. How does one get to know each other online? We start with the perspective that we get from children’s books.
The Little Prince, written by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry is one of my favorite books. In the book we get an insight into what it means to know someone.
Therefore, I can help you know me further. To know the sound of my voice, please listen to my latest radio appearance recording or my videos (to come). The games that I love best are those that involve word knowledge. I also love any games that bring my family together on a family game night. I do not collect butterflies. If I were to collect insects, I would collect dragonflies. The dragonfly adorns the planners that I offer. It is a symbol of spiritual and emotional maturity and grasping the deeper meaning of life. I collect love and I collect books and I collect words.
My faith life is the central thread that makes sense of me. My charisms (channels of God’s love and provision for me to place at the service of others) are Service, Wisdom, Knowledge, Teaching, and Writing.
My temperament is rather balanced between Choleric and Melancholic. This means that I am a doer and a deep thinker. I agree, I am always engaged in external or internal activity. That is what I enjoy. But when not kept in check that constant activity can also drain me.
My Strengths are Input, Responsibility, Relator, Learner, and Intellection. It is a good thing that I have responsibility and relator in there, or else, I would just live in my head and in books.
My MBTI profile is INFJ. I have been an INTJ for most of my life. But like the dragonfly, I have evolved and my particular change has made me more F than T.One of me favorite personality inventory sites describes INFJs as:
INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.
These are just a few examples, of the inventories that I use when I coach others. I can help you get a Ph.D. in yourself, truly!
The first thing you have to know is yourself. A man who knows himself can step outside himself and watch his own reactions like an observer. ~ Adam Smith
I am married to John and we have been blessed with five children (the oldest is about to start college and the youngest is in diapers). I think it is time to update that photo from two years ago. But oh, the energy it takes to synchronize the little ones. Now, I would have to get our German Short-haired Pointer to also strike a pose.
- I am currently training with a top school to become an International Coaching Federation (ICF) accredited professional, life coach (anticipated graduation early Fall 2016)
- I earned a Doctorate in Educational Psychology in 2009 (now, I know why they call it a terminal degree)
- I serve as a Clinical Associate Professor/Coordinator of a Teacher Preparation Program (I truly train the best teachers in Texas, ask any principal or superintendent what they think of Aggie Bilingual teachers)
- In 2011, I founded MiraNous, a boutique Time and Life Management Coaching and Resources company (I recently added the coaching component. After my workshops and seminars women approached me for more. They were seeking one-on-one help and support. I knew it was time to help them in a more systematic way).
For a comprehensive rendition of my work (education, work experience, presentations, publications, and more) please view my curriculum vitae.
Media Appearances & Coverage
- Red C Radio: “The Family Meeting: The One Meeting that Changes Everything” (August 18, 2015)
- Red C Radio: “Hitting Reset on Your Resolutions” (February 2, 2015)
- News and Events from the College of Education and Human Development: “Dr. Walichowski & The Crusade for Bilingual Education” (July 17, 2015)
- The Eagle: Interview “Bryan-College Stations Schools Pushing Bilingual Learning” (November 2, 2014)
What do you think? Should we work together? Should we journey together? I would love to connect and bring your things that will help you in developing yourself as your best-self for your ONE precious life.
Professional Disclaimer: In this website, I represent my personal and my professional views, which ensue from a convergence of research that I keep current on or engage in, experiences that I have had, and my nous (which I hope grows with every passing year). This material presented here is a representation of MiraNous and not an attempt to represent the views or ideas of Texas A&M University where I teach, coordinate, and serve.